View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Default Yet another scammer - maybe adamsdad again...

Posted By: Gary B.

i think the point is trying to pool our knowledge and mount telling evidence that can be submitted to ebay to try and get scammers booted from ebay. eveyone here wouldn't be fooled, it's the people who don't know nearly as much that i would hope to protect from gettting scammed.

as a larger point though, is there any way to create separate forums within net54, so perhaps the main one could be vintage card collecting, one could be just for posts about scammers, one could be post-war card collecting, modern baseball, one that's completely off-topic, etc.?

i enjoy talking about vintage card collecting, but find myself also interested in topics that are related and get talked about here like ebay scams for vintage cards, modern players breaking old records by people whose cards vintage collectors collect, the playoffs, etc. i know sometimes you let OT topics go like posts about the post-season, and i'm guessing the reason for that is because most people here follow modern baseball, are very interested in the playoffs and since it's something significant in baseball that happens once a year, it's tolerated.

just asking. i've been part of many other forums where there are different sections as opposed to one large forum for everything, so different topics can be disucssed that aren't exactly the main topic for the website. generally there's one main forum and then a few other forums that get fewer posts, but that can be used for those interested, and those who know they don't want to read about scammers at all (for example) could ignore that forum entirely. i think it might be nice for many people here who would like to be able to veer off from vintage card collecting, and that way the posts strictly about vintage cards could be in the main section without getting bogged down by slightly or overtly off-topic posts.

also, a lot of people here are friends, and sometimes they want to know what other people think of ichiro suzuki or talk about other somewhat off topic issues, but don't want to create posts they know will be reomved becuase they're irrelevant to vintage pre-war card collecting. i completely realize that there are other forums on the internet where these other related or unrelated topics can be talked about exclusively, and of course i could go there for that, and do sometimes, but then i'm losing the responses of net54 people who are very knowledgable about these other topics and will give unique perspectives that other boards don't. what do you think? hope you don't mind me asking, just an idea...