View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Default Yet another scammer - maybe adamsdad again...

Posted By: runscott

When I saw this thread, and some of the responses, it really made me scratch my head. The card is NOT a reprint, it's probably trimmed though. And the seller is NOT Adamsdad - I've corresponded with both sellers and they are definitely two different people.

If you contact someone who is selling a real card and accuse him of selling a reprint, I don't blame him for getting pissed off. Same for the Cobb green portrait - it's probably not a fake, yet some of you seem certain that it is. Why? Adamsdad bought several real cards, so there's no reason to think this one isn't real - it certainly looks real.

But regarding the category ideas - I tried breaking off a "non-sports" forum at one point so that people who were interested hockey, etc., would have a place to chat without boring everyone else. It didn't fly, but the sports photography thing is working out quite well.

I would suggest that one of you who is really interested in the scammer thing create a separate forum as well, and maybe Bill could add a link to it.