View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Default The Curse Is Still Alive!

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Andy,

It might be the denial talking, but I would argue that I was absolutely correct on all 3 predictions:

1. Johnny Damon is, in fact, utterly worthless. Unless you're the Red Sox.

2. Kevin Brown's performance was very Schilling-like. If he was forced to throw left-handed with 5 of his cervical vertebrae fused together and his right leg amputated. Then again, Schilling would never have walked a batter to load the bases. Better make that both legs amputated. With the flu. On 2 days rest. When he's 74.

What I really meant was that Kevin Brown would have a Schilling like game, in that he wore a uniform and stood on a mound while throwing a ball. Schilling wore a uniform, so did Brown. Schilling stood on a mound, so did Brown. Schilling threw a ball, so did Brown. Indeed, Brown was Schillingesque.

3. What I meant when I said the Yankees would rock Derek Lowe was that he would rock out when they played Van Halen's "Unchained" between innings. Oh, they rocked him. Like a hurricane. Go Scorps!

I hope this clears up the confusion.

-Ryan

P.S. Thanks for not mentioning Sheffield's game-winning 3-run home run or the fresh arms of the Yankee pen shutting down the Red Sox hitters except for Manny who was going to have a monster game that wouldn't be enough to help them win.