View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Default Sl. O/T: Fox has to be the WORST way to watch a game

Posted By: John/z28jd

There are tons of announcer i like but it just happened the ones i dont like were calling that game on 2 different stations.Charlie Stiener who i used to like on espn and John Sterling are horrible hometown announcers.According to them the Yankees make 20-30 great plays on given nights and theyre always gushing over how great it is to watch them play.

Jon Miller and Joe Morgan to me are the best announcing team out there,you actually learn stuff when you listen to them.For people who dont watch the game often McCarver puts obvious facts in doubt,and for people who do watch all the time he makes them mad at him for being so stupid but still getting to call playoff and world series games.I would pay to hear Vin Scully call a game and i would pay not to hear McCarver.

I took a poll once on a Pirates message board and of the 30 responses to what they thought of McCarver,25 didnt like him and 5 didnt mind him but not one person voted they liked him.How someone that unpopular stays on the air is beyond me