Thread: T207 Irv Lewis
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default T207 Irv Lewis

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

I appreciate all of your assistence.

I collect cards which represent persons who actually made it to the big leagues, but didn't really get a chance to play.

I guess that which players are included in this grouping depends on the definition of what constitutes playing. The definition which I am most comfortable with is that the "player" has not played if he did not swing at a pitched ball, did not pitch a ball nor had any fielding opportunity.

Many interesting "ballplayers" are included in this group. Some are listed below. Herb Washington appeared in >100 games without an opportunity to play (by my definition), Eddie Gaedel, Moonlight Graham, OJ Alcott, Bill Sharman (of basketball fame), and several others both interesting and perhaps many less so, are shown on cards which I have saved. Some of the cards have been solely produced by specialty manufacturers, such as Fritsch, while others are included in n172s, maybe t207s, Topps and I am sure various other manufacturers.

Again, thank you for your help + if you can think of any others which I could include in this grouping, please do not hesitate to offer your insight. Each addition is valuable.