View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Default T-205 Blank Back Questions

Posted By: Jon Canfield

First of all, Happy Holidays to the Board. Locally, there is this small Thanksgiving-Eve show held every year. Usually the show is filled with cards from 1999 on, however tonight there was a man set up with nearly 200 T-206 and 205's. Every single card was in POOR POOR POOR condition, most having cut-outs from the Spalding guides glued to the back. However, looking through the pile, I came across a blank backed T-205 common and thought it interesting enough to buy. I was hoping to get some basic information on it since this is nothing along the lines of what I collect.

As you can see from the pictures, it does have some remains of the note book it was glued in. The back feels smooth and the stock of the card is very similar to my other T-205's. The only thing that surprised me is that I would have thought the borders would have been more handcut but they appear, to me, to be straight. Any idea where these came from? Are they note book covers or just scraps? What else can all you experts tell me about this? Is it even rare?