View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Default Favorite Ty Cobb & Babe Ruth Cards

Posted By: Gary B.

"Gary, it was never my intention to gloat over what I have in my collection. If you interpreted that way, I am sorry. I am not rich and my collection has been accumulated over nearly 35 years, so you you might expect that I have a few great cards collected over time. I was probably wrong in my post to suggest that you had to have a Cobb/Ruth card to particpate. Hal, said it right, and I thank him for it. I tried to make a harmless, interesting post and it seems to have backfired."

I appreciate what you're saying, and thanks for responding. Sorry if I took this out on you individually, it's obviously been an ongoing theme I've noticed. I do own a Cobb, though it's a strip card in not so great condition, still as nice as I'm likely to get for awhile. I would truly love to own a halfway decent (or even quarterway decent) Ruth card, in fact, I would love that more than any other card right now, but it's just not responsible for me to spend $400+ right now, never mind a card of his worth tens of thousands. It's a great forum, I appreciate all the information, questions, answers and talking about different issues, it's just when it gets into showing off collections worth tens of thousands of dollars when spending $100 on a card is really irresponsible for me is more than a little frustrating - I hope you can uderstand and accept my apologies as well.