View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued cards

Posted By: Ray

Dan,

I never singled you out individually. I feel that way about all people who try to maximize the price they can get for a card by "concealing" information.

There are no personal attacks here. But since you singled me out, I only feel I have a right to respond.

You yourself, admit to conceal information to sell a card for higher value: "...I conceal it so that I do not lose money."

Whether you, or anyone else doing this makes a profit or breaks even, they are POSSIBLY getting more for the card than they would if they made its existence public knowledge. So, yes, in my opinion, this practice is no better than what those guys do.

You plan on selling the card for more than you believe it would be worth once it is catalogued. Are you selling the card, or the "secret" of the card?

I think Bill put it best when he said: "it's a benefit to the collecting community to make the existence known of previously uncatalogued cards. If putting a price on this makes some people not want to share information, I think that's really unfortunate."