View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default NY Daily News Artcile

Posted By: Josh Evans

H&B should be ashamed of themselves
They are going after Plainchich who is actually trying to do some good (albeit not always going about it in the most tactful manner)

They are so concerned about their legacy and this museum?
This is the same company that when I spoke to Mr. Hillerich in 1993 was completely unaware of the fact that one of their top execs (Rex Bradley) had "appropriated" their legacy of thousands of bats including such important game used bats as ones used by Ruth, Jackson, Cobb and so many more
In fact, Bradley has sold them within the hobby in at least two famous huge transactions that total into the hundreds of thousands of dollars
Most major bat collectors are aware of this and the company is not?

And then H&B buys a questionable DiMaggio streak bat that has been authenticated AND graded by Dan Bushing and Dan Knoll who also happen to own it
I wonder who placed the bid for H&B?
And who was the underbidder?
Adirondack?
Draper & Maynard?
Horace Partridge?

And then didn't H&B sell all that great old stuff from the company archives through Hunt's to pay for this questionable DiMaggio streak bat
To my knowledge Bushing engineered that consignment
It would not surpise me (it is common auction practice in a deal such as this) that Bushing would make a healthy commission on delivering this plum consignment to Hunt (this is no knock on Hunt)

Who is running the ship here
Will the bats be stamped Hillerich & Bushing for now on?

The emperor has no clothes AND no bats
Josh