View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Seller Credit Card Question

Posted By: Aaron

Josh: I'm sure I feel as passionate about my collection as most anyone on this forum. So, I know what it's like to sometimes make a big deal over something that non-collectors would feel is foolish. So, in that sense, I can completely understand you taking this matter so seriously.

I also know how rampant E-Bay is with fraud, so I'm always skeptical of some sort of scam when bidding on auctions held by unfamiliar sellers. So, in that sense I applaud you for doing your homework (like not bidding immediately so you have time to consider his payment instructions and then bringing the matter here to get feedback from fellow collectors).

All that said, however, actually getting so worked up about a clearly-stated payment policy that is in no way fraudulent that you actually go to the trouble (and take time out of your day) to call your credit card company to inquire about the validity of his policy, and then formulate a plan to circumvent it (that would involve more headaches), means that you've crossed that thin white-bordered line and need to step back and take stock of what you are doing.

You are calling your credit card company because a guy on E-Bay won't take your credit card so you can purchase a baseball card.

I'm sure that's not one you'd like to get around to the partners at your firm.

So basically, that's why I was shaking my head.