View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default "Best Offer" eBay option

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

Ebay always gets listing fee money perhaps they will get some (otherwise) off-line sales this way as well. Also, while I don't know, maybe the seller's cost for this service is greater ... as it should be if Ebay has to expend resources checking terms a buyer may add. Also, the adding terms might enable a buyer to bid (offer is really the correct word) more if s/he can build in greater time to complete the purchase (e.g. by paying over 2 or 3 months)

Also, now that I think of it, this option seems to make sniping a rather poor idea. If you really want something you would be a fool to wait with your offer because someone might buy it first (for less, theoretically, than you would initially offer) ... Also, what prevents one from making more than one offer if the first is rejected.

Anyway, it seems sufficently interesting that I will probably list one or two items (in the $100s not $1000s) this way in the next few days just to see how it goes -- prseuming its not a prohibitively expensive proposition.... After its over I'll report back.