View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Default Bushing Comments about "Chat Room Guys"

Posted By: warshawlaw

And it is pretty hilarious; Bushing dances more than a politician caught with his yoohoo in a hooker. I haven't heard this much BS since I had Joe Orlando on the stand...Apparently, his education is totally irrelevant to authenticating memorabilia (which is why it was so highly touted-- until it was discovered it did not exist), "game used" has never meant it was used in a game, his opinion is just his best guess, and we chatboard people don't know what in the hell we are talking about but SCDA is changing all its business practices anyway. As Dr. Evil might say, riiiight.

Kinda reminds me of a case I had. The plaintiff was suing a city for $1 million in alleged overruns for building its new police HQ. I was retained as an expert to analyze its claim and advise the city attorney on whether a false claims case could be brought against the contractor for lying on his bills. I found so much fraud that when we all sat down to settle and I presented my findings, the contractor walked out screaming "there is no fraud!" Of course, an hour later he took $5,000 to settle.

I cannot wait to read part II of the interview...