Thread: O/T but funny
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default O/T but funny

Posted By: warshawlaw

I got quite a kick out of baseball card collecting being "worthy" of a jab in a nationally televised show, which is why I posted it.

The whole "gay" thing is impossible to react to seriously since that Seinfeld episode, so don't anyone go getting offended here or take it so seriously. "I've been outed and I wasn't even in!"

As far as nerdiness, we dress like kids and sit in a convention hall for several days at a time buying, selling and talking about old toys. All most of us need are flood pants and pocket protectors instead of baggy shorts, jersey tops and ball caps to complete the image. My wife calls us "card nerds" all the time. Doesn't bother me. Like I tell her, I don't sit around bars or have expensive consumption hobbies, I collect cards and chat with others who do the same. Besides, I've had the last laugh lately; the stocks she bought in January are down around 8% but the E cards I bought keep going up, up, up. Nothing silences a critic like a mouth full of humble pie and a fistfull of dollars

I do draw the line at dork. I ceased to be a dork when I became a business owner and daddy to a perfect little lady. No dork could do that And if you don't believe it I'll hit you with my slide rule to prove it!