View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Default Best Set for Someone On A Budget

Posted By: ted

One of my buddies is kind of on the fence about getting into vintage cards. He, like me, is young and spent his childhood collecting contemporary cards in the mid-80's to early 90's. Unlike me however, he has not really started any collections. As i have mentioned before, I have completed an Aaron collection with my father and now I myself am concentrating on Koufax/T206/and BlackSox cards while he is into Goudey's and Diamond Stars. Although i know this board is dedicated to cards from a particular era, where do you think i should direct him. He's a big cubbies fan, and seems that he is more interested in collecting pieces that interest him rather than cards in a particular condition. In otherwords, he would much rather have a PSA 1 T206 Evers (50 bucks) than a Gem Mint 10 1956 Walt Dropo (1,500). I don't know that he wants to build an entire set, so maybe low grade t206 is still a good way for him to go, but any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once again, the focus of the board is on early 1900's, but if you guys think he would do well with 1950's era, i'd like that mentioned. He is a big Cubbies fan, so maybe he's just get into collecting anything Cubs, but i think that is a little to wide open.

Thanks,
BlackSoxFan