View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Aaron

I'm actually having a different experience with Heritage. Up until they received my money their service was exemplary (natch), but once I paid, man am I getting the run-around from these guys.

I bid live via phone and they were prompt, friendly and courteous throughout. Prompt receipt of their invoice. Shipping charges were seemingly minimal.

Then my check clears my account on May 24. June 1 comes around and I still haven't received my winnings, so I e-mail. No response.

Then on June 2, I call and am told by the "customer service" rep that they didn't post my check until May 23 (a lie, or at the least an error on their part) and it's their standard to wait 5-6 business days after a check posts to send the lot out.

I'm incensed as I start to realize they haven't even mailed out my lots, even though I sent payment almost three weeks ago and my check cleared more than a week ago.

Finally, after much run-around and rude service, I point out that even if they are right and my check didn't post until the 23rd and they wait 5-6 business days, we are no going on 8 business days and they still haven't shipped. Long pause, and then the rep finally conceded "you're right."

BTW, I had asked to speak to her supervisor earlier in the conversation and was told she was away at a coin show in Long Beach. A few minutes later she said her supervisor had just returned from lunch and was available to speak to me. It was 11:30 AM CST. Then she connected me with her voice-mail.

Anyway, they sheepishly offered to overnight my package which I got today. (Yay!) But no SCDA LOA for a 1960's Knicks jersey I'd bought. When I called today, I was first told that the LOA's are mailed out after the lots themselves go out (!?). Then I spoke to a guy in their sports department who told me there was a "hiccup" in receiving their SCDA LOA's and many had not yet arrived at their premises, and I would get mine "shortly". He did not elaborate

So, I'm wondering whether SCDA even looked at the item before giving it their LOA (which wouldn't surprise me in the least) and what this "hiccup" is (especially after it was announced that SCDA had ceased their affiliation with SCD).

I was angry. Now I think these guys are a bunch of clowns.