View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default Network 54 Top (50/100) Baseball Cards?

Posted By: jay behrens

John, the problem youa re going to run into is that the niminations are not going to neccessarily be the best, but the most valuable and cards with lots of publicity. This pretty much turned out to be the case with BBCard HOF. You can use the cards from there as a perfect example. You practically have to beg and plead with people to take notice of a card that doesn't feature a HOFer or a 4 digit price tag.

You can cut the list pretty much in half by automatically defaulting in the Big 4 t206, Big 3 t207, e90-1 Mitchell and Jax, t205 Joss, just about every n162, OJs of Anson in uni, Ewing w/mascot and whole bunch of other HOFers, 33 Goudey Lajoie, all the Ruths and Gehrigs, 34 Goudey Gehrig, 41 Playballs of DiMAggio and Williams and grip of HOFers from the e107 set like Matty, Wagner, etc. After that, you left with about 20 or few slots for the truely interesting cards that have been issued like the Oakes, Arbuckle, Hengle deadman pose, invisible bike guy from t210, etc.

I wish you luck on it, but a project like this doesn't interest me anymore after the experience with trying to keep the card HOF going. Most people have little imagination to nominate cards outside of HOFers and the most expensive and publicized cards in the hobby.

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.