View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default Grading Co. Experiment

Posted By: tbob

I received a group of M116 PSA 3 and 4s in the mail yesterday and was surprised to notice the wide difference in cards even among the same grades. For instance among the PSA 3s, one looked Ex with just slight touches on the corner while another had 2 diagonal creases in the lower right area and had I submitted it, feel I would have been lucky to get a 2. So you find inconsistencies not only between the grading companies but also between cards graded by the same company. When I bought the cards, the scans were blurred so you couldn't really tell. Since all were scarce back cards I am o.k with the group but again, it is funny how different "3's" can look. The 4s were pretty homogenous.
On another note, can someone definitively answer the question whether GAI, SGC and PSA are grading cards "authentic" or not? SGC was grading some in certain cases, PSA was leaving it up to the individual graders and didn't have a standard policy and GAI was, then they weren't, then they were. What's the latest? I have a gorgeous E94 violet Grant that looks like a 7 but has an almost undetectable recoloring line that I'd like to get graded authentic. Any ideas?