View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: barrysloate

Jim- To take it a step further there is of course a great deal of inequality in this country- just take a look at the wretched video coming out of the Gulf Coast and recognize immediately that not every strata of society has suffered that devastation equally. And there will always be resentment from those who have less. Hal Lewis is a friend and someone whom I have great respect for- he has done things for me that are beyond what I would have expected from anyone. But when he goes on the board to show off his purchase of a 100K+ Wagner- and he has every right to do it and be proud of it- it's going to rattle a few collectors who have to forsake a vintage card because it just cost them $50 to fill up their gas tank. I think this disparity is one of the main reasons that collectors are feuding on this board- the "have nots" are getting tired of seeing what the "haves" recently added to their already vast collections. You have every right to discuss some of the country's great collections but it will cause some hard feelings and that's just the way it is. It's no fault of yours. It's just America.