View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: DJ

I must admit that in some ways, I have been priced out of the recent market and would love to share recent purchases if I in fact had some recent purchases. I have no resentment to those who have the funds to be able to purchase high priced cards. When someone purchases a high money card and displays their newest acquisition on the Board, I applaud them for it. I enjoy looking at the card/s whether it be a raw Poor card or a PSA9 of something significant.

Does anyone honestly think Keith O. or Larry Fritsh or anyone would get attacked for sharing his/her/their cards on this Board? C'mon. Some people enjoy sharing their collection with people and some don't. Too each his own.

Does anyone attack Hal and his finds? There's a big difference between Jim and Hal. Hal would never use words like "existence" and isn't caught up pretty much only in the value of his purchases. Simply put, Jim rubs me the wrong way in some of the things he says and comes across as being very condescending. This comes across to a large majority of the Board as a person from Iowa once did.

To say this place would better be suited if we limit the in fighting is simply incorrect. This is a very placid place full of good people. There are many opinions and if you make your opinions felt in a manner that doesn't offend or isn't worded properly, then there you might hear something from a fellow board member. This Board is about collecting and the love of collecting and some people simply don't understand that.

DJ