View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay is getting better on Feedback policies

Posted By: Chris Mc

Ebays feedback is flawed from a buyers standpoint. The only obligation from a buyer standpoint is that they provide an address to ship to,pay in a timely manner and leave accurate feedback once the item is received. The problem is that the seller can wait until feedback is left for them by the buyer. This policy needs to change. I recently won two cards in an auction. They were both described as ex. I paid within two min. using paypal. At that point my feedback should have been left, it was not. I received the cards with scrapbook damage. I have contacted the seller with no response. I have a feedback rating of 100%. I can almost guarantee that if I leave a feedback other than positive , the seller will also leave me a less than positive feedback. This is the problem with the feedback policy. Is it my fault that the item sold was not as described, should I get a neg because I followed through with my obligation? What ebay should do is anyone who receives a payment from paypal should have to leave a feedback to the buyer before collecting their money. I know this does not address payments made by money order or check but it would be a start. My two cents.