Thread: framed cards
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Default framed cards

Posted By: identify7

I like the way cards look in scrapbooks, because you can group whatever you want together and position them where you want. In order to achieve that capability without using glue, staples, etc. I could create a sandwich with the cards placed between mylar and positioned on cardboard in holes cut out to allow the mylared cards to show through.

I could tape the excess mylar to the rear of the cardboard to hold the cards in place, and put a second piece of cardboard on the back to provide additional support. Of course, this approach eliminates the viewing of the rear of the card, but does allow limitless positioning, the adding of text, and other niceties.

But then the front of the cards are subject to damage. So I could cover the fronts with plexiglass or some other clear plastic. Heck, I could use clear plastic to display the backs as well, when wanted. But how do I hold this sandwich together?

And I was thinking of doing this in a binder - like a scrapbook. But the sandwiched "pages" are getting rather thick.

What is the solution to grouping different sized cards on a page?