Thread: framed cards
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Default framed cards

Posted By: Scott Forrest

That is actually a copy of the '55 Bowman Landry - I have the original in SGC plastic, purely for protection/aesthetics. I also have a beautiful framed,autographed Landry photo on my wall.

That framed set represents my introduction to ebay - the '67 Dan Reeves was in my first pack of football cards. I saw a beautiful display of the '63 Yankees team set once and decided to do the same with the '67 Cowboys. I searched the internet, buying a few from Dave Levine and others...then discovered ebay.

Unfortunately, the '67 Philly Gum set only has 11 cards (9 players) for the Cowboys, missing Perkins, Renfro and other stars. So I expanded the project to include any starter on the '67 team who had a Philly Gum card from 64-67. There are no Landry cards, the action shot features Dave Edwards and Jerry Rhome holding. There were also no pre-67 cards for a few other stars from that team, like Jethro Pugh.

Also, I built that before I bought my matt-cutter - it took forever to cut all those beveled holes, but I didn't screw up once.