Thread: Old Judge
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default Old Judge

Posted By: leon

I too have a card that is due back to me on Tuesday, from SGC, that they didn't holder because of size requirements. It is a Fatima T222 Chance, that I recently won off of ebay, and the person said it was their grandfathers when he collected ( Don't know when ). I told the seller about the situation, gave a few options, and am going to return it for a refund. If this card "was" trimmed it was long ago. I knew right when I got it that it was short and compared it to another and indeed was correct in my assumption. I see SGC's point somewhat. I think this card might have been subject to "old collector mentality" collecting and trimmed to fit in a binder or something. I don't think it means SGC doesn't know enough about a series, most of the times. Back to the Oldl Judge in question. How many folks on the board think they have handled more Old Judges than the top 2 graders at SGC? A few but not too many. So I don't think the "they might not know enough about the series" question is true, especially in this case. They won't grade a card, no matter what series, that they aren't comfortable being able to tell what went on with it, or whether something went on with it. I applaud them for that. regards

ps...Hal has a Delehanty OJ in an SGC 84 holder, I sold him, that PSA wouldn't grade as they didn't know enough about the series and thought it was too small.....