View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default lawsuit against psa for 10.5 million awarded to........

Posted By: DJ

But if you decide to break up the lot and sell them individually you would need 1500 COA's so that each collector has one to go with his purchase. How does this work? Is this COA photocopied by the auction house or by the new owner? As you can see, I've never bought an autograph lot myself so I have no clue.

Well Barry, you would get one LOA that simply brings forth the vital information that "PSA/DNA" has authenticated the entire 1500 lot. It's called a "Blanket LOA" and would mention some of the keys (Lemon, Kaline, Leonard, Bell, Piazza etc., were included). The document would be original and signed by one of the authenticators.

Now if you wanted to sell off the lot, the seller would usually photocopy 1500 of these letters and include it in the sale of one of the purchases. So if you bought the Al Kaline, the seller would give you a copy of the LOA. The question of course is: Can't this seller simply "say" it's from the lot and give you a blatant forgery? That's the HUGE problem with blanket LOA's and I believe PSA/DNA is being taken to court by seller Bill Daniels for a purchase he made with Mastro that included a "Blanket LOA".

DJ