View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: tbob

This whole thing sounds like so much horse-pucky to me. Jeannie says she is bombarded with sexual questions from prospective buyers of her cards? I have known several women who sold items on ebay, including cards, and never once have any of them been asked anything sexual or about their age, etc. That's idiotic. Even more inane is that her husband encourages her to post a cheescake picture of herself so people will know what she looks like and how old she is??? Great husband. My wife in her younger days was better looking than this gal and I would have NEVER thought of posting her image in shorts cut to her crotch on an internet board for all to see. Doesn't this guy think, "gee, maybe someone will see my picture and it would SPUR rather than deflect interest?" It makes no sense.
Secondly, she says that "Perhaps I just should say to all the participants there -- GET A LIFE GUYS, but the sad truth seems that to all THE GUYS in that forum..THAT IS YOUR LIFE...Oh well...I'll not be cruel and I will refrain from saying what I know about the many male collectors I've met & spoken with over the years.." What is this supposed to mean? A nasty little jab at the very people who support her business? That we are all some drooling, cheeto eating computer geeks who haven't had a date since God was a boy? The card hobby is just that to me, a hobby. The real life is family and work and anyone who knows me knows I have been fortunate to have been successful at both.
I agree with the above posters who question her intelligence at offending those who might purchase cards from her in the future. There are a helluva lot more people who read these boards than she thinks.
Al- I appreciate your attempts to be fair and we all have had a smile out of this thread, but you have to question what is happening here. I personally think "Jeannie" as in "I Dream of Jeannie Cards" is most likely a guy who is using a picture of someone (who cares?) to draw interest to his auctions. To each his own.