View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Default Who is in this picture? (Two boxers and two baseball players...)

Posted By: Brad Green

All:

A few minutes ago, I received email confirmation from Tim Gibbons, a grandson of Tommy Gibbons, that indeed the man on the right side of the picture above is Tommy Gibbons. Tim's email is posted below.

Thanks to all -- especially those who originally thought that it was Tommy Gibbons.

Brad

*************************************** EMAIL MESSAGE *********************************

Brad,

Thank you for you email. Yes, I would say the person on the far right with certainty is my Grandfather boxer Tommy Gibbons. My Grandfather died in 1960. The picture would have to be toward the later part of my Grandfather's life. My Grandfather and Jack Dempsey were great friends their whole lives, long after the Dempsey-Gibbons fight in 1923 so it doesn't surprise me that they would be together in this picture. If I am wrong, I would be very surprised. There should be pictures of my Grandfather in his later years on our web site that should be able to verify this. I am guessing that is your web page with the picture so there is no point in replying to the web page as who the person on the right is. I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Tim Gibbons
www.tmgps.com

*************************************** EMAIL MESSAGE *********************************