View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Default Fishy Super Bowl?...

Posted By: Cy

Here is what I saw.

Did Roethlisberger get in? Not on the ground. But he sure looked like he could have broken the plane in the air. It was close enough that there shouldn't be a discussion on this play. It could have gone either either way. The problem was the ref was indecisive, not that he didn't score.

Have push-offs like the play in the end-zone been called routinely? Absolutely. They aren't called every time. But they are called quite enough times that it is lame to say it was that bad a call. The receiver clearly extended his arm. The ref reached for his flag immediately.

Did the offensive tackle hold? Nope. Not at all.

Did Hasselback commit a penalty on the tackle? Nope. But if you remember, Hines Ward got past the defender on the next series. All he had to do was run an extra 15 yeards.

So basically the Seahawks got hosed on two plays. Did anyone remember the fumble that the refs called an incomplete pass? Did anyone think he (was it Stevens?) didn't have possession and it should have been the Steelers ball. That could have been a big play too, in the Steelers favor.

My point is the first two calls could have gone either way and do, game in and game out. So the Seahawks got one more bad call than the Steelers. Is that enough to strip the Steelers of the title?

My thoughts.

Cy