View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default The idiocy of eBay- not even pre-war collectors are exempt

Posted By: tbob

You have probably all seen the numerous Fro-Joy reprints which have sold on eBay over the past few years, some for as much as $500. I finally decided enough is enough, and I listed (for a dollar) a sharp looking black and white Fro-Joy Ruth reprint sheet on eBay, clearly stating in the title and in the description that it was a reprint and then in the description enumerating how you can spot fakes and reprints in eBay auctions. The next day I got a nasty email from eBay telling me the listing was removed for "trademark violation" (I guess Alice and Fred Fro-Joy objected!) and threatened to suspend my account if I ever did this again.
This reminds me of the numerous collectors on this board who got in trouble with eBay when they notified unwary buyers of items which were obvious fakes. I believe at least one even got suspended for "doing the right thing" and being a good guy.
Ebay is just unbelievable. Although I would hate to see eBay ended for selfish reasons as I have picked up a number of cards I would never have had access to without it, I would still love to see eBay get drilled in the law suit presently against them which has been mentioned previously on the board.