View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Default What's the eBay etiquette for the seller

Posted By: Bob

I agree with leon with this caveat, I will not ask a seller to end an auction early unless there is a card, or a card in a lot, that is something scarce I collect and which will probably not be offered again anytime in the near future. I asked a seller recently if he would sell me one card in a 3 card lot and he told me to make him an offer. I did. The offer was very fair. He considered it but by the time he decided, a couple of people made bids on the lot so he decided to let the auction go through to finality. I sniped and won the 3 cards for less than I offered him for the 1 card so it worked out well for me.
If the card is not a really scarce one but one I still really want, once in a while I will email the seller and ask him to please let me know if someone offers to buy it and have him end the auction early as I'd like a chance to make a counter-offer and they always say they will do it although these few times have resulted in auctions going to finality so I don't know if they would have or not.