View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Default condition of cards collected

Posted By: RayB

I like to think of the lower grade cards as "well loved" rather than "worn". Seems to me that the low grade T-206, for instance, really looks proper and real and right as a card with flaws. Dings, Creases, and stains really don't bother me.
Don't get me wrong; a nice condition T-206 is a beauty to behold but there is something just a little unreal about. Those low graders are what my eye has been looking at for so long that it just looks right; the way they're meant to be.
For A few of the newer guys to the set that have posted here, who have approached it from the bottom up on a budget; keep at it and patience. I now have in the neighborhood of 160 different by plodding my way through the low graders over the last two or three years myself. I marvel at these cards; sometimes having to shake myself to actually believe I own them. And I've been collecting one set or another for 35 years. The low grade T-206's have done that for me.
Check out my humble low grade PSA effort here:

http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=33376&alltime=no&rank=43&tied=0&requesttimeout=9999

RayB