View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default "PIEDMONT 1st" Theory - Magie, Doyle Errors, etc.

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

There is a lot of that going around, Ted. I must endeavor to make myself clearer. My take on your post is that the EPDG thread has generated the following new insight: Based on two examples, it is concluded that the Piedmont brand was always printed first, independent of series. And further, if true, this revelation is noteworthy.

If this conclusion is solely drawn on the basis of the two examples which you cited, this could leave a skeptic feeling like the fact is unproven. And further, if this conclusion is of merit, it is unclear to me what its potential impact on t206 collecting strategy could be.

Rest assured that I am currently the proud owner of less than a dozen t206s. And although I do plan to obtain more, in no way do my plans include exceeding ownership of 12 t206s. So, I really know next to nothing about this set. And it all seems so confusing right now.

What particularly befuddles me is that some persons feel that more sets should be included within the t206 designation, while others feel that t206 should be broken up into several sets.

So, no Ted, please do not translate your post into Greek. This subject is already too foggy to me.