View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Default Why do people hide behind a screen name

Posted By: T206Collector

...perhaps, which is why I wrote "we" as in "we all resemble that stereotype." I am not in college or even twenty-something. I am in my mid-thirties -- and I though I do have the most beautiful wife in the world, that was not the point of my post. I was fortunate to get her while I still had a head of hair -- I am now losing hair on top and gaining hair in my ears and nose. Not a pretty picture...

I am not taking on anyone in particular. I am sharing with you a common stereotype. And, given that stereotype, it can hardly be shocking that not everybody wants to hang out with you. Do you not see the Comic Book Guy in all of us -- again, me included?

Obviously, I am writing on a Board where the most regular contributors use their names, have dinner together and post photos of themselves. Obviously, there may be legions of you protecting your decisions to do those things in this thread. But, I think you should be aware of why not everybody shares your interest in hanging out and getting personally involved with us.

Edited to add that I just reread my initial post, and it came across as a lot meaner and nastier than I intended. I would edit it, but then the responses won't make any sense. So, I'll take my lumps...

Edited once more to that I do not have a particularly high opinion of myself. I mean, I think I'm good enough for most things, but as someone pointed out, I have numerous insecurities -- the exact opposite of a high opinion of myself. I also do not think that I am "better" than anybody on this board -- I am not into competing over anything but the quality of your T206 card collection on the SGC set registry.