View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default T206 printing mystery

Posted By: Joann

The back on front or front on back misprints could both happen if you hang the coil upside down on the second print run (through the back printer). It's like ... toilet paper. The front end either hangs down off the front of the roll or down from the back of the roll. If you take the loose end and string it through a press, the opposite side will get printed on depending on whether you had it hung the right way.

I guess that would explain why there are so few of these kinds of misprints - besides the fact that the factory would obviously try to scrap rather than ship them. It is easy to hang a coil upside down, but unusual to run it that way for long before catching the mistake.

And Ted - to clarify my position on the horizontal strip: if the back were printed I would consider this theory to be highly unlikely. If the back is blank (and a poster above said it is), I think it lends credence to the possibility.

J

Oh - I am kind of assuming here that the process of running a coil of paper through a printing press is similar to running a coil of steel through a stamping press.