View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Default Bogus Second Chance Offers

Posted By: Joann

I've now received two fake 2nd Chance offers from ebay in the last two weeks. This morning's was really lame - just an email from someone saying I was being offered a second chance under ebay's policy.

The first one though was really good. It had all of the ebay screen replicated almost exactly, and sent to my email. I had to think about it to realize it was fake. Biggest clue was that there were several bidders ahead of me, a few from this board. I couldn't imagine they would have passed on it (it was the large lot of 25 T3's).

The only other cue was that there was no button in the email that would allow me to "Buy it Now". I've had one legit 2nd Chance, and it seemed I remembered that there was a button right in the email that would have allowed me to purchase instantly. This one just told me to contact the seller and gave an email address.

It also wasn't in the "My Messages" area of the My Ebay page, nor listed under the "Second Chance Offers". But dang - that was one good job as a fake, and if it weren't for the number of people ahead of me and the fact that I had rec'd a legit offer in the past so I had something to mentally compare to, I may have fallen for it.

So.. beware. They are coming out of the weeds at this point.

Joann