View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default a couple t206's that ended on ebay last night

Posted By: andy becker

i was the seller on both. the mcgraw would have graded psa 1....i think. it was an sgc 10.

another card, the sgc 20 mcgraw portrait "orange" variation was a steal at $88.....to a board member

the demmitt has a little story behind it. one i am not super proud of, but i will come clean now.....

i was offered $1500 to end the auction. i have never, ever ended an auction before. so i cancelled bids until there were none....only to learn (as i said, i've never done this before) that i couldn't cancel a listing with less than 12 hours to go.....nor could i change the price.

so i have a friend who won the auction (for 1228ish) and he will sell to the person who requested that i end the auction.

i am very familiar with demmitt and how much that "1" is worth, i thought the bidding would go no higher than a grand....so for the first time ever....i said yes to someone requesting that i end the auction early.

as i said, i am not real proud of what i did....regarding trying to end the auction early. but i am pleased with the sale price of 1500.

it killed me to cancel bids from tbob, cobby, and a few other id's that i recognized.

guys, you have my sincere apology.

regards
andy becker