View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Default a couple t206's that ended on ebay last night

Posted By: andy becker

thanks joe, you were all over me.

josh, thanks for the kind words. and josh, you ask some good questions.....i cannot explain the buyer's thinking.
i will say that i have dealt with him before and his feedback is huge and rock solid. and, just to be clear....my friend's bid was well in access of the selling price. the card was sold for $1500 before the auction ended, if the auction ended at $3000.....the card was still sold for $1500. that's the gamble i took.

mvsnyc,
as i said in an earlier post, i do not feel good about ending the auction. and you do have my sincere apology.

but, i think you need to really examine why you were so frustrated. imo, you were hoping to win the card for under you bid of 1000....and you probably would have. i understand your frustration, but perhaps you should walk a block in my shoes.

now, let's get to the details of the situation....

the card was bid up to $422 with 10 hours to go. the last psa 1 sold for $800+, and as already mentioned the last psa 3 mk sold for $1000.

how many collectors/dealers would not end an auction for an offer of $1500?
while this card is rare, it is not that rare in lower grade and there has been a price range already established.

i'm not saying that i am proud of what i did, but i think the rational behind what i did is obvious.