View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default a couple t206's that ended on ebay last night

Posted By: andy becker

hi scott,
perhaps i am being a bit aggressive. point taken.

i do not think i acted selfishly. please remember that i did not "pull" an auction just because i didn't like the bidding. i tried to end the auction because i received an unsolicited offer to do so.

i do feel that i was dishonest, in regards to ebay's rules and how i circumvented them.

my remorse came from canceling bids of friends and board members.

regarding my "who said what" and "i think i know who you are", well that's where i'm getting a bit aggressive.

i think if you are going to call me a shill and provide a link to ebay's shill rules, you should at least have the courtesy to use you name and not hide.

"I personally have felt many times over the years that my ebay bids were artificially built up by sellers who take "dishonest" measures to make their money. It's frustrating to have so few avenues to find the cards we seek and then have proof they are so vulnerable to fraud."

i agree with the above statement scott, but i don't consider what i did to be anywhere near fraud.

again, i am truly sorry to those who had a genuine interest in winning the auction. BUT, there was no shill involved.
there was never, ever an attempt to sell the card for anything more than an offered price of 1500.