Thread: modern baseball
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default modern baseball

Posted By: Bill K

Another Twinkie's fan in the hizzy! I was there as a 14 year old at the first World Series parade (Tom Brunanski's car ran over my foot) and watched Kirby snag that long ball off the plexi-glass in game 7 in 1991 as an inibriated Freshman at UW Madison (maybe that was game six, again with the inibriation).

This year I agree that with Liriano in the line-up they have a legitimate shot to go. The Yankee's can coast in and keep their pitchers fresh which IMO gives them the inside edge right now. Detroit is too young, and they are going to have to work their starters as hard as the Twins just to make it in. The Sox are jeckle and hyde and are seriously hurting in the bullpen right now.

Some may call the Mets the best team in baseball right now, but when you're playing against other semi-pro and college teams who are all fighing to stay at .500 it can inflate your self worth.

Agree or disagree with the concept of the wild-card, at least it keeps baseball more interesting for the entire season. Now that the NFL & college football has started MLB can take its appropriate back seat in my house.

Bill

My personal collection - http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/fkm_bky/