Thread: SCD
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default SCD

Posted By: Mike Campbell

It has always made me somewhat uncomfortable when I go to shows, and am attempting to buy or sell, and dealer quickly grabs the SCD. Like he has no clue as to what a price should be. Maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't he at least have a clue as to price? Unless of course it is something he has never seen before. Which would be the exception. If the truth be known there has been many times when I would have been more than willing to pay far more than book, or sell for less than book, but the fellow ends up using the guide price. he's only screwing himself. I pay what I think something is worth. I really don't care what the book says. I use it as a guide to tell me what is out there in the market place. For that purpose, it is fantastic. But as far as using it as a "Bible" for prices, it is only a guide. There are many very obcure issues I would be unaware of it not for this guide. And for that, I am thankful. I buy one every year, and will continue to do so.It is a great guide.

This was meant to be part of leon's thread. I think I pulled the wrong switch. Sorry