View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default At what point do you insure your cards?

Posted By: Joann

Two questions:

I keep a spreadsheet of all of my card purchases - date, card, condition, price, seller (unless generic "ebay"). I haven't saved all of the ebay printouts or anything like that to show purchase price. I also have scans, and keep both the spreadsheet and scans on two computers. Would that generally be sufficient documentation of my collection? Or am I sunk now that I don't have proof of purchase, and really can't get it for what I have so far?

As to safety deposit boxes, I have most of my more valuable cards in one, and am much happier for it! I take them all out every so often and bring them home for the weekend - if I want to show them to someone, etc, so it's not like I never see them. But this thread has me wondering (and I probably should know this but don't). What is the bank's responsibility for those items? Do they have any? What if the bank burns down, or is robbed? Are personal items in safe deposit boxes covered by anything, or is it just a safer place for storage with lower probability of something going wrong?

Thanks,

Joann