View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Default REA Policies Re: Alterations etc

Posted By: JimCrandell

Rob,

Very well stated. It is clear you are a man of strong ethics and your reputation is well deserved.
If everyone were like you there would be nothing for collectors to be concerned about....but everyone is not like you and collectors are extremely concerned. You have an opportunity here to not just lead by example as you are doing but point out the guys who you allege are doing "sophisticated" work on cards. Your lawyers should not be concerned about you bringing the truth to light if it is the truth..right?

Absent you changing your mind and following my advice, other than doing business with reputable dealers who follow a business philosophy similar to what you have outlined, what do you think collectors should do here to protect themselves against the "sophisticated" restoration techniques on cards being employed today?

Many thanks for your time and your reply Rob. You really ought to drop by some day soon--its not that far.....and if I ever did want to sell my collection one day it would be with a guy who has the kind of ethics that you have.

Jim Crandell