View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default Questions for Doug Allen

Posted By: leon

I am no lawyer but what are legal definitions of "restoration, alteration, etc..."? My guess is no matter what answer you give it can be argued. What Doug has said might have been done to cards I don't consider alterations. Maybe "cleaning up" is the right term. What does California law say about cleaning a card up? Also, I want to thank Doug for coming on the board and answering tough questions. I do think you are correct Adam, in that this is a no win situation for him (Hi Doug). I got my butt handed to me when I came out and stated what was going on. I think sometimes it's not so good telling people what is going on....at least for personal welfare. I have about 42 different bids in the Mastro auction right now. A lot of them are on graded cards. I have absolutely no issue with what Doug has said they do to cards...but that's just me...and a lot of the other folks in the hobby...including most grading companies. Remmeber, if you can't tell something was done to a card it can't be taken off for by a grader. For the record heavy creases, I am told by a very good card doctor, can not be taken out with no traces left behind. It's the surface wrinkles that can be dealt with in a positive manner. And again for the record I have never tried to take any crease or wrinkle out of a card and never had anyone try to do it for me....I just don't have a huge issue with it, as stated before.....I also don't have an issue with doing anything Doug mentioned they might do....to me it's not altering the cards.....but again, that is my thinking and not some others...regards