View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Default Board activity as of late

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Joe is right. There should be no sacred cows here. If fraud is afoot, I don't give a damn if it's some sleazeball in the shadows doing it or some "big" name in the industry. I have found that some of the most purportedly decent and ethical men have been deeply involved in fraud. These are tough questions to be asked and because of the money and importance to the industry, they should be answered. I think we need to differentiate between the ins and outs of the auction process and altering cards, however. Let's focus on what auction houses are doing to their cards before selling them and the relationships they have with the graders. Let's focus on those that are doing the altering themselves. Of course, it's easy to lie but eventually someone will become disgruntled and rat the card doctors and crooked auctioneers out. If an auction house does not want to be bothered answering these questions, we should boycott their auctions. Remember: we have the power to alter their behavior by not giving them money, it is as simple as that. I have also found that the greediest of people are usually the most likely to commit fraud or allow fraud to go on during their watch. Let's keep the heat on and act, as much as we can, in tandem.