View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default How do you feel seeing your photos used for profit?

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Well Bobby.. Now that you want to mention names here, that sorda taint this thread. We can go a little further. I can CLEARLY show you my images with the GREEN backgound I used to use on my images. They were NOT BOUGHT IN PUBLIC AUCTION as that is always a good defense. You said most have permission and that is great.. Many issues you have are popular with collectors and I'm sure they would want you to use their images. I just don't like that fact that you went on my site and TOOK my images to use on YOUR website.. JUST ASK!

This thread was just to see every's opinion on this matter without it becoming a debate. I even told you I would post about it, so you can see people's thought.

I do not collect much or follow graded cards, so I have not been to your site before until tonight. I do know, that your competition "Ted" ask me a year or two ago about using certain images and I said OK....

I think educating people on cards is GREAT for the hobby and will only help move this industry in a positive way.. However, try taking an image from Chad, Jay, Keith, Richard...or anyone else like that without asking... I'm sure they would NOT like it.

(By the way, they are all in a league of their own)