View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Default "My relationship with JP Cohen and Memory Lane"----From Marshall Fogel.

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I'm very surprised that PSA censored the CU boards over the weekend (as pointed out by PSA arch-nemesis David Vargha) to remove any mention of JP's past. Why would PSA do such a kind (if unethical) thing for JP? Well, as we all know, Memory Lane is one of their major advertisers - and JP's sordid past reflects negatively on PSA. (Bruce--although you claim graded cards make up a relatively insignificant portion of CLCT's bottom line, why else would they censor the boards on this issue?) What is not surprising, at least to me, is that Marshall Fogel, who has a business relationship with PSA along with a gazillion dollars worth of cards tied up in PSA plastic, provided a ridiculously convoluted defense of JP, a major PSA advertiser. My advice for all would-be apologists for JP in the future: perhaps it might make sense to include the words "crime" and "accepts full responsibility for his criminal conduct" in your testimonies. Otherwise, you might find that people who read this board may laugh at you and consider you disingenuous.