Thread: HOF Results
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Default HOF Results

Posted By: Aaron Cowan

It looks like Gossage, Rice and Dawson will have a good chance in the next couple of years. Considering that 83 votes went towards players who garnered less than %5, Gossage was 21 votes away, Rice was 63, and Dawson was 100. I can see Orel and Albert getting a very very little bit of consideration, but from O'Neill down why are those idiots throwing their votes away? The HOF is screwed up. Years ago they let in tons of people because the vets had fond memories of the fellow players. Now you have to truly dominate. Consider the dominant first basemen from the 90s to the present: Bagwell, Thomas, McGwire, McGriff, Pujols, Helton, Thome, Delgado, Palmeiro. I'm not saying all these guys deserve it, but how many will get in from one position. After all, the writers should consider how dominant a player was at their position in respect to the their contemporaries.

With all that said, I'm glad the voting went the way it did and hope to see Gossage, Rice, Dawson and even Lee Smith in there soon. As for McGwire....good riddance.

Aaron Cowan
acowan19@gmail.com