View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Default How does a card like this survive?

Posted By: E, Daniel

I understood the analogy King made perfectly well in his first post, and am surprised anyone else struggled to.....it is of course one every member of the board keeps in mind as they post. Be proud of what you know and are able to share or display, and remember always that another collector looking on is probably not in the same position to purchase such wonderful cards. For a person to be 'stunned' by large money being thrown at a single card, only to establish they throw large money at many cards, is less than sensitive to the concept. The idea of a third person looking on with almost nothing to their name and being slightly sickened by either practice is completely logical, whether living here in the States or in some other country.

With regards to this Lajoie, I've said before - and I'll note again, why is a card with ostensibly near-mint corners and crease/surface-damage free image any less amazing than one esteemed to be 'mint'? For a card to survive in ANYTHING more than ex-mint condition is astounding, but from that point on there will by law of numbers be some in better/best/bestest shape.
Thus, one or two or ten or one hundred out of the millions of t206's extant will be in this kind of preservation.

It's hardly rocket science. But of course, makes for great conspiratorial posts

Daniel