View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default My experiment on the BST

Posted By: Russ Bright

Being STILL relatively new to vintage card collecting (just under a year pre-war, but 20 or so of shiny crap) I just don't know what to offer, and there aren't enough avenues or help in that area. I collect Mainly T205, and there are places to find ballpark prices for these. Something more rare? I don't know what to pay OR offer. VCP works if you're buying graded cards. What about raw? What about cards that don't come up very often? Some people on the boards are helpful for newer people like me and I don't feel ripped off, but there are a few (and yes it's always the same few) that lowball for buying or rip you off selling (I've been on both ends, and it's not fun)

It's a great experiment, but doesn't help the newer guys still learning about this board. I feel that I learn more and more every day. I have Net54 bookmarked at work and come back every chance I get (probably 50 hits a day are from me). Sometimes I look at the B/S/T and think, that's a great deal, and I do some research and it isn't, or maybe it was and I missed it. I just hope that it eventually gets easier

Russ

Always looking for T205s, and now collecting Obaks and PCL cards (Seattle Baseball!!!)