View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default Larry Fritsch Question

Posted By: James Feagin

I got my order today and ouch, where's my band-aid? I really was hoping to develop a good relationship with them, but I am grateful for their refund policy. These cards were so oddly graded, and I will go over them one by one. I consider myself a pretty good grader and some of these would even make an old-schooler wince....

1914 T213-2 Coupon

Cobb (bat off shoulder) advertised (about EX). In reality this card is severely trimmed, with three heavy creases and a water-stain on the back. Actual grade if not trimmed--GD

Cobb (Portrait) advertised (GD). In reality this card had a hole through Cobb's face, multiple creases and many pencil scribbles on the back along with massive staining. Actual grade--PR

Doolan (Batting) advertised (about EX). They actually did a good job on this card, two spider creases and a clean back. Actual grade--VG or VG-EX)

Doolan (Fielding) advertised (VG-EX). One heavy creased and stained back. Actual grade--GD

Hummel advertised (EX). Two heavy creases and purple writing on the back. Actual grade--FR

Walter Johnson advertised(VG-EX). Numerous minor spider creases but with clean back. Actual grade--GD

Lennox advertised (VG-EX). Three spider creases, miscut, paper loss. Actual grade--FR

Mathewson advertised (VG-EX). Wow! Spec of paper loss on front with two significant creases. Stain on back with moderate paper loss. Actual grade--FR

Needham advertised (VG-EX). Five moderate creases with clean back. Presents well. Actual grade--GD

Schlei (Portrait) advertised (VG-EX). Four moderate creases with toned back. Actual grade--GD to GD-VG.

I'm returning the Cobb's, Mathewson and Hummel and am keeping the others. Another reminder why I only buy graded cards from SGC.