View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Default Ok....what 3 pre-war HOF'ers would you boot out?

Posted By: john/z28jd

I think the big problem is that people put too much merit into the Hall of Fames choices but very few knowledgable people(if any) agree with them. I enjoy the Hall for what it is,a museum,but as definitive word of who's the best players all-time theyre an absolute joke. I dont let it bother me,i do my research and i come to my own conclusions.

Because the Hall is already watered down i see no problem including more players from the past so their history isnt forgotten. If they dont want to let someone like Don Mattingly in now to tighten up standards its not comparable to not voting in someone like Tony Mullane because we have no footage of Mullane,just old stories passed down thru generations. 200 years from now people will know how Don Mattingly stood in the batters box but they wont know Mullane threw from a pitchers box back in the day. Mattinglys legacy is preserved while Mullane's is forgotten despite the numbers he put up which could all be changed by a little common sense and a bronze plaque

So to answer the original question,there isnt a player pre any war who id even remotely consider removing